Connect with us

Cap identification

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by John Popelish, Mar 1, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. No. Axial, because leads are on axis of cylinder. The radial form
    does not actually have the leads along radius, but exit through a
    radial (or diameter) line.
    Me too.
    Right. Any DC up to 160 volts is okay.
    Right. Just another form of electrolytic.
  2. Chretien

    Chretien Guest

    Someone gave me a bunch of capacitors.

    One of them has the following.

    (2) 8 D

    100 UF


    Then it has
    +> +> +> +>
    pointing to one of the wires coming out of the Capacitor.

    The capacitor physically is a big cap, about 1 1/2 inches long and the wires
    are at oposite ends like a resistor, instead of the normal out of the
    bottom for an electrolytic cap. eg --(00000)-- (do they call this a radial

    Here are my questions?
    I asume that this is a 100 uF Cap. No rocket science there. But I guess I
    have not seen the notation of 0-160VDC. I asume that this is just a
    different way of saying what I normaly see which is 16v or 25v or 100v.

    And I asume that this IS an electrolytic CAP even though normally what Im
    use to seeing is the >>>> pointing to the Negative side of the wire and both
    the wires coming out of the bottom of the Cap.

  3. Chretien

    Chretien Guest

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day