Connect with us

can't remember the name of this chip

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by foTONICS, Oct 19, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. foTONICS


    Sep 30, 2011
    so i can't remember the name of this chip but i know what it does. I believe its a type of op amp or maybe a configuration of one, or just its own chip all together.

    it's used for noisy signals, only changing states (between high and low) when a threshold is crossed. so say once it goes high a certain 'low' threshold needs to be crossed, and once it goes low a new 'high' threshold is set. This way noisy signals do not trigger unnecessary multiple triggers

    anyone help?
  2. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    Schmitt Trigger
  3. BobK


    Jan 5, 2010
    Which can be discreet transistors, a specialized chip, a comparator, or an opamp.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day