Connect with us

Can't find proper fuse!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Paul Steichen, Sep 29, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Paul Steichen

Paul Steichen

Sep 29, 2014
    I blew the fuse on my VC99+ multimeter. According to page two of the manual (and the imprints on the endcaps) I need a 13A fast molten 250V fuse. It is a 5x20mm glass buss fuse. Where can I get one? I've searched every website I can think of. Did the nice folks at Aidetek use a proprietary fuse that doesn't exist on the market? By the way, they don't sell the fuse either as far as I can tell.

Manual: http://www.aidetek.com/New_products_info/Datasheet/Vichy/VC99+.pdf

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
  3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I just went around and around with Bussmann about one of their 5x20mm fuses myself.
    Bussmann got bought by Cooper,which then got bought by Eaton. I had to email Eaton to ask a question about a Bussmann 5x20mm fuse.
    I finally get fed-up, and bought a pack of Schurter 5x20mm fuses. They seem to be more readily available.
    This is what I got if it helps about the Bussmann line: (5x20mm)
    Series S500V & S500 Fast acting low breaking capacity
    Series S501-V & S501 Fast acting high-breaking capacity
    Series GMA-V & GMA Fast acting fuse
    The 5x20mm are relatively new to the U.S. market. Most U.S. mfgrs have always considered them for international equipment sales.
    I assume they're popular in Europe or Asia, and are just now getting market share in the U.S.

Paul Steichen likes this.
  4. Paul Steichen

Paul Steichen

Sep 29, 2014
  5. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    It's within 5%, that's a pretty small margin, and all it will do is slightly reduce the maximum you could push your meter before the fuse pops. (But I doubt you'll notice)

KrisBlueNZ and Paul Steichen like this.
  6. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    I hope you ordered a few of them!

Ask a Question