Maker Pro
Maker Pro

cant find fuses for jvc rx880vbk

coopereric85

Jun 9, 2012
Does anyone know where i can find glass fuses my jvc 880vbk audio receiver. i have looked all over the net for sites and cant find the right ones. i need a 2A 125V and a 6.3A 125V. i would appreciate the help

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm not sure I know what you need.
Are you saying you don't see the fuses inside your receiver, or are you saying you
don't know where to buy replacement fuses from?
Fuses don't necessarily need to be the old-style glass fuse these days.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm awake now, and reread your post.
Any electronics supply store will carry those.
You can mail order from: Parts Express, DigiKey, Mouser, or a dozen other places,
but it's just cheaper and faster to buy them if you're near a town. Radio Shack, even.
Check the phone book, or Google stores in your closest town.
These are extremely common items to find.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I'm awake now, and reread your post.
Any electronics supply store will carry those.
You can mail order from: Parts Express, DigiKey, Mouser, or a dozen other places,
but it's just cheaper and faster to buy them if you're near a town. Radio Shack, even.
Check the phone book, or Google stores in your closest town.
These are extremely common items to find.

I find the larger truck stops to be the most well stocked stores in my area for the glass fuses, heck most gas stations even have a variety pack collecting dust...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The important thing is that the voltage rating is probably what the designer had on hand at the time :) (This often happens in the low voltage side of the device where a 32V rated fuse (say) might have been OK, but a mains rated was used)

You are safe to use a higher voltage rated fuse.

If you are in a country with 220+V mains you may find that 250V rated fuses are easily obtainable.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
And realize that something took out those fuses.
If you blow the replacements when you turn the receiver on, you've got other problems.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
What would be the next thing u would do of that happens. Junk I
t?

That is your call, I would likely open it up and see if there are any obvious easy to fix signs of damage... Maybe spend some time trouble shooting, to see if I can find the issue... It really all depends on how much time/money you personally want to invest in trying to fix it...