Connect with us

Cannot figure out the connector name/model

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by YukiHimekawa, Aug 1, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. YukiHimekawa

YukiHimekawa

Aug 1, 2014
    Hi I'm trying to figure out what connector models these are so I can find the complementary connector that can connect to it. I've been looking through digi-key page below but I can't really figure them out, I'm not entirely sure which page link I should be looking at either...
    http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/connectors-interconnects

Any help would be great, thanks!
    IMG_20140801_112928049_HDR.jpg IMG_20140801_113344353.jpg

2. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Ummm needle in haystack springs to mind. Are there any markings on the connectors?
    Adam

3. YukiHimekawa

YukiHimekawa

Aug 1, 2014
    Nope, that's why I don't even know where to start. They don't even have a datasheet for the board that the connector's being mounted onto.

4. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Going to be a tricky one me old mucker. Unless someone on here has used that type before.
    Adam

5. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Can you break out some measurement tools and get pin spacing?
    Digikey will let you filter out parts based on specific attributes...
    Looks like through-hole, right-angle, male pin perhaps... the more details we can nail down, the more these sites will help filter.

6. YukiHimekawa

YukiHimekawa

Aug 1, 2014
    The width of the 6 pin was around 17.50mm and 7 pin was around 19.67mm so the pin spacing for each of the connection is I'm guessing around 2.5mm.
    I've been trying the 7 pin and other filter combinations on "Rectangular Connectors - Headers, Male Pins" products and that gets me ones that looks
    fairly similar but not the one I've got...

7. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    The fancy connector type with the locking tabs on the sides makes me think they might be proprietary to the company who made the board, I don't recognize them.
    You may be stuck with just getting a size that fits. The problem being that if the connector doesn't lock in place, it might become detached if it's not tight.
    Who made the board? Maybe knowing that, might help identify who made the connctor hardware for that board.

Ask a Question