Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can you identify this for me please?

Quovadis

Jul 26, 2017
Hi All, just a newbie here .... We have a drinks machine that fails to heat up ... if I make a direct feed by by passing this component it heats up .... can anyone tell me what it is , how do I test it and where can I source another please ... as mentioned just a newbie so just working my way around to identify the issue ... so no real knowledge of these at all
Any help appreciated kind regards

Attachments

• IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1018.JPG
    IMG_1018.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 54

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
That's a thermal switch (or cut-out) with, what appears to be a set of change-over contacts.

Oh, and congratulations on making the important part 'out of focus'!!!! The numbers on the side!!!

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
This may be a joke. "What is this thing that has a complete part number, that can be Googled, shown in multiple out of focus pictures?"

Quovadis

Jul 26, 2017
I to feel the responses I had were poor , I did make it clear I was a newbie and had no previous knowledge of the part I was enquiring about or where to source it . I did my best with my Iphone camera to capture the part and its ID numbers , and did take more than one shot to try and show more clarity where I could . I dont think its fair to get comments like I had with that explanation do you ?

[mod note: post moved from incorrect thread to this one]

Last edited by a moderator:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
re the OP's other post querying the responses given above.

We are only trying to help. Posting a gazillion pictures that can't be seen due to poor quality/focus etc isn't our fault and goes nowhere to helping you resolve your own issues.

This has nothing to do with being a newbie or knowledge of electronics in general but simple comments on your photography skills (or lack of in this case) which is not something we can do for you!

You could have read the numbers yourself and typed them in as a response..... but you are not the first, nor will you be the last, person to request assistance in the expectation that we are oracles or have magic eyesight.

This is not meant to be insulting or cheeky - we help anyone and everyone that comes here but we can only do what we can with the information YOU provide and if we find it lacking then you should expect us to comment on that fact.

Please, if you want to complete the repair, address the issue of the images you posted and advise of the part number accordingly (or take better pictures).

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I to feel the responses I had were poor , I did make it clear I was a newbie and had no previous knowledge of the part I was enquiring about or where to source it .

That wasn't the problem and that is not why you got the responses you did. Your electronics skills were not being questioned

I did my best with my Iphone camera to capture the part and its ID numbers , and did take more than one shot to try and show more clarity where I could . I dont think its fair to get comments like I had with that explanation do you ?

It pays to look at images before you upload them and see if they are any good
you obviously didn't do that and you uploaded very poor images and particularly the one or two that would have helped others to help you

So it was your poor photos that were being questioned …. look at them and see if you can clearly make out all of the part number ???
None of us here can say what it is for sure

So, I ask you, as some one else already did earlier, please take another couple of clear and sharp photos of the part number on the side of the switch
and then upload them :)

Dave

Last edited: