Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can you ID this transformer

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
yeah, but the measured output voltage seems too high for that.

if it is a 17V secondary it implies the primary is 60 - 80V.

And that is assuming it's actually a power transformer (although it seems likely)
There appear to 2 red and a black wire on the secondary. 17-0-17 seems like a reasonable guess.

Bob

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
There appear to 2 red and a black wire on the secondary. 17-0-17 seems like a reasonable guess.

Bob

I feel a "Duh!" moment coming. ;)

Chris

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If so, it makes a lot of sense, and the original poster has completely failed to observe or mention the three wires on the secondary. (I did ask)

edit: the image in this post was probably added after I fetched the page but before I replied, and I didn't see it.

I think the OP has failed to realise that the connectors are not the primary and secondary. I don't see a third (or centre) tap on the secondary.

I need confirmation that this black wire has been tested as a primary tap.

Last edited:

Woodman

Dec 3, 2012
Steve, you are correct. There is no third or center tap secondary wire. There are only two secondary wires. Ohmmeter did reveal that the third black wire in secondary plug is actually one of the five primary wires. Not sure why they wired it that way but like I said before maybe because the primary side has five taps but primary plug only held four taps. So they decided to put a primary wire on an open "secondary plug".

Woody

Last edited: