Connect with us

Can someone tell me what type of circuits I have drawn out on this page?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Lowerider, Jan 27, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Lowerider


    Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
  2. Gerry Weatherford

    Gerry Weatherford

    Jan 27, 2010
    1) full wave bridge rectifier
    2) capacitor diode and then the resistor and capicor in parrallel, not sure . .
    3)appears to be a zener diode cascade
    4 & 5) these are both LC tank ckts,, not sure why you have a transformer in number 4
  3. Mitchekj


    Jan 24, 2010
    Looks like some basic AC circuits.

    1) The bridge.
    2) Looks like a half-wave rectified band-pass of some sort? The diode maybe should be a resistor, inductor?
    3) This will clip the positive side of the wave to whatever the zener's voltage is.
    4) High-pass LC filter.
    5) Low-pass LC filter.

    Start putting some of them together and you're on your way to a rudimentary power supply.
    If I have that right. ;)
  4. Resqueline


    Jul 31, 2009
    That's the type of circuits your teacher draws on the blackboard for you to figure out and hopefully thereby learn something from.
    Hint; number two won't be very useful. Tell me why, what happens?
  5. klj12574


    Jun 9, 2009
    Maybe he won't or doesn't know, but I'll give it a shot. That cap is tied directly to ground and it's going to kill any signal you try to send down it.
  6. Resqueline


    Jul 31, 2009
    Nope, that's not it... ;)
    Apply AC to the input. Where does any DC end up?
    Remove the AC. What happens to the DC levels?
  7. neon


    Oct 21, 2006
    1 it is a short through a diode not a bridge anything guarantee to blow in half a cycle.
    2 a positive differantiator
    3 a zener regulator
    4 pie hi pass filter
    5 pie low pass filter
  8. 55pilot


    Feb 23, 2010
    I am beginning to think that you really do not understand the subject matter you opine on.

    #1 is a standard run of the mill full bridge rectifier. The current will flow through the resistor to the "ground" and connect back to the "ground" to the left of the diodes. This downward pointing arrow is NOT an earth ground and there is no short to anything.

    What kind of a "pie" filter is it? Apple pie? Pecan pie? Or my favorite, Key Lime pie? Or could it be that you mean "pi" filter?

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day