Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can someone help me? problem with driving RGB screen

turboturbine

Mar 22, 2012
Problem Agilent 4195A network analyzer RGB display

I have a problem, I bought a HP 4195a network analyzer from italy.
With transport the back of the CRT tube is broken off, It is a sony crt, they are available on ebay but they are quite expensive 300-500 dollar(and even not new then)

I am angry now why this happaned to me now, I have enough things at my mind now.

I looked at the schematics and at the flat cable who connects the display unit with the computer board.

It is a a 26 connection flat cable the connections are.

R1 GND
R2 GND
G1 GND
G2 GND
B1 GND
B2 GND

H-GND
V-GND

R1-VIDEO
R2-VIDEO
G1-VIDEO
G2-VIDEO
B1-VIDEO
B2-VIDEO

HSYNC
VSYNC

And there are two connections for power 0 volt and +51 volt

I was thinking to buy a 7" RGB tft display or a 7" composite display, there are also RGB to composite converter I see.

My questions are: does someone have a idea why there are two lines for each color?

Last edited:

turboturbine

Mar 22, 2012
I did not have had the time to look at the chematic properly some hours ago.(I soon have to make a decision what I am going to do before someone from the postal service takes a look at it)
I have looked at it now.
It is more complicated then I tought, the two wires per color are for 4 brigtness levels, all the circurtry in the display unit is analog, first there is a circuit that converts the signals from those two lines into 4 levels of brigntness and then it gets amplified and fed to the crt itself.
The voltages are quite high too, like 100 volts when high.

So I think it is easyer to get another crt, I think it is quite a pitty, a TFT screen will not be a punishement.

Stupid there is no monitor output on this unit while others both older and newer have it standard or as a option.

Last edited: