Connect with us

Can some please tell me which is consider to be pin1 here

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by JPU, Mar 4, 2019.

1. JPU

JPU

May 19, 2012
    Thanks, I am trying to lay out my PCB using diptrace for manufacture. But how do I let the fabrication service know which way around to place the MOSFET?

I need to know which is PIN 1 I guess?

Thanks for your help.

Here is the device.

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2049814.pdf

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Unless they are assembling the board, it won't matter.

3. JPU

JPU

May 19, 2012
    They will be assembling the board.

I was just wondering if there was a formal way to detail this or should I just explain the placement in a foot note to the design?

4. Cannonball

Cannonball

May 6, 2017
    The pins are not numbered. The drain uses two pins. The gate is on the other end closest to you in the drawing on the data sheet. The other pin is the source. I hope this helps.

5. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Perhaps just a note included with your order and maybe even a spec sheet on the device drawing their attention to the pin arrangement shown at the end.

Cannonball likes this.
  6. ramussons

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
    The MOSFET is likely to be in a strip form with a specific orientation. Your assembly plant can be configured to accept the specific strip for component placement.
    It's also possible that all manufacturers of this FET may not follow the samr strip orientation.

7. JPU

JPU

May 19, 2012
    Many thanks for all your help guys.

I thought there may be a specific industry standard way todo this. Alas, I’ll go with the “note included in the order”! Sounds the most simple plan.

Thanks again.

8. FuZZ1L0G1C

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
    If you really want to number the pins, start from input (Gate), then orbit ACW as per an IC viewed from component side (top).
    1(G) 4(D)
    2(S) 3(D) note: pins 3&4 are common, serve as heat sink.
    In your DT layout, label the pin-pads g s d d and if you want make the gate (now aka '1") pad square to denote pin 1 (or gate).

Cannonball likes this.
  9. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    There is a notch across the body on one end. I would put a corresponding bar across the decal like a diode. That plus text to indicate that the notch goes over the bar.

ak

Ask a Question