Connect with us

Can i repair my graphic card?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Adrien, Jan 26, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Adrien

Adrien

Jan 26, 2017
    Here is a picture of my graphic card, do you think it's totally dead and i buy a new one or do you think i can repair it with the adequate parts and tools ? Thank you for your answers. WIN_20170124_00_01_19_Pro.jpg

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Welcome to EP.
    Unless you can easily identify all the dead parts and can cheaply source replacements, have an infinite amount of free time and the skills to remove and solder SMD parts, just buy a new one :) .

Adrien likes this.
  3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    and that is only the damage you can see .... it's most likely a multilayer board and it is highly probable other layers have also been damage

I wouldn't even dream of trying to repair this and I have been doing electronics for 45 yrs

Adrien, (*steve*) and Bluejets like this.
  4. Adrien

Adrien

Jan 26, 2017
    Hahaha thank you for your answers everyone. I will throw it away or resell for spare parts. Though i've no idea how much and where. I'm already planning on buying a new graphic card.

5. Edugimeno

Edugimeno

Jan 29, 2017
    I usually try to repair almost *everything* but if I come across a board like this, I throw it away. You don't know how many "hidden" traces are burned inside (100% positive its a multi(>2)layer board

Ask a Question