Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can I Connect Same Speakers To 3 Players?

andye

Jul 19, 2016
Im doing a project where i need to use three SD card 12 volt players in a remote location with solar power and 12 volt battery.
I need to connect the four speakers one in each corner to the three machines. Only one will be playing at any one time.
Ive tried taking three leads off of each speaker and connecting to each plus and minus outputs on the three players.
Sadly it didnt work!!!
Anyone with any ideas please?

I guess its like on a hi fi you can select which set of speakers you want. But this is a remote project and has to run with no one around. Only when they enter it triggers one player till the end of the track. Next time it triggers it plays number 2 player then etc etc.

Thank you Andy.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
HI Andye
welcome to EP :)

Ive tried taking three leads off of each speaker and connecting to each plus and minus outputs on the three players.
Sadly it didnt work!!!
Anyone with any ideas please?

you are going to have to be able to switch between the speakers and the different sources

I guess its like on a hi fi you can select which set of speakers you want. But this is a remote project and has to run with no one around. Only when they enter it triggers one player till the end of the track. Next time it triggers it plays number 2 player then etc etc.

not impossible, but it does step up the difficulty level lots
what experience do you have building electronics ?

Dave

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Since you have 12v available, perhaps use relays to switch between amps.
Whatever operates/switches individual amps on could switch that set of relays also.

andye

Jul 19, 2016
Thanks for the help. I am very much a beginner or electronics in building things. Would the relays just send power to change to that set of speakers? I could fit 3 speakers in each corner connected to the correct players but wanted not to have all those speakers really.
Ive got someone to build a device to switch on player one then switch off, next trigger would play player two and stop. Next trigger plays player 3 and so on.
But its how to use the same speakers for all players (which only play one at a time)
Hope that makes sense?
Thank you.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Get whomever is building your switching device to incorporate the relays as well.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
There are MP3 modules out there that let you select one of 9 tracks to play via 9 inputs. 1 player, and 2 flip-flops and a couple of random gates to sequence through the 3 tracks.

Or, simpler still, a microcontroller.

Bob