Connect with us

can higher v rated rectifier substitute lower v rated ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by robb, Nov 5, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. robb

    robb Guest

    that is can i substitute a single phase bridge rectifier BL08 in
    place of a BL02 .....

    where BL08 is 800v RRM / 560v RMS
    and BL02 is 200v RRM / 140v RMS

    thanks for any help,
  2. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest


  3. robb

    robb Guest

    Thanks Graham,
    upon revisit i suppose my question was incomplete though and i
    should have been more clear like...
    can i substitute BL08 in BL02 place without
    detriment/degradation/function /risk

    and is there any functional/operation reason one might *avoid*
    sub-ing to the higher V rated BL08 ?
    being an amateur i do not understand the possible impact to the
    existing circuit or how the design decisiona are made beyond
    meeting minimum requirements and cost ?

    thanks again for help ,
  4. legg

    legg Guest

    At 50 /60 Hz or DC, there will be little or no risk in this
    substitution, providing the parts are from the same series or mfr.

  5. Almost certainly yes.
    As long as the part is physically compatible of course.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day