Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can Can Anyone Recommend an Inexpensive Oscillosope

jfrancis

Feb 25, 2011
Hello,

I am a real amateur with electronics but am getting involved with circuit board work on a Bang & Olufsen, Beogram 4002 turntable which has tangential tracking. It has been suggested by someone that I get an oscillosope to further diagnose the problems I am having with it. There is a sensor light that detects whether a record is on the platter or not for tonearm setdown. An oscilloscope would be needed to check that the sensor is processing the signal interrupt markers as it travels across the platter. I wonder if there is a rather inexpensive scope that I could get or is this something that is I need to spend some real money on. Your thoughts are appreciated.

John

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
There are so many decent scopes out there it's hard to say. But, the big word in your post is 'cheap'. Stick with it, get a cheap scope that goes. Check out ebay and if you want us to check over your intended purchase why not repost.

Don't bother with the "pocket digital" scopes BTW.
ps I just saw this on ebay and it'll go for less than the $200 I mentioned. It is just right for you.
Tektronix TDS410A Digital Oscilloscope TDS 410A B

Last edited:

jfrancis

Feb 25, 2011
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, and the lead on the ebay scope. Not sure that I can go the $150+ right now, so I was dreaming a bit I think. Maybe I will get lucky at some point.

Regards,

John