Connect with us

Can anyone identify this please?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by midsomerdave, Jan 21, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. midsomerdave


    May 21, 2013
    Hi all,
    I recently got a joblot of old Weller parts and these were with it (pics attached). I have spent hours on the net trying to identify what they are...and are for. Everything else in the joblot was Weller so I'm guessing these are too. The component with yellow tape around it is a T106F1 thyristor and the DIL8 is an MC3370P zero voltage switch. The shape of the PCB makes me think it's from a Weller iron...but can you help? Has anyone ever seen one of these? Where? What does it do? Help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance. Dave.
    PS....I'm talking about the item on the right! ;)

    Attached Files:

  2. brevor


    Apr 9, 2013
    Most likely it is used to switch the heating element on and off.
  3. midsomerdave


    May 21, 2013
    Hi, thanks for answering Brevor....
    That's what I was thinking....maybe it's the forerunner to the Magnastat switch on more recent models. I reckon I already said what it is....a zero voltage switch that fires a thyristor.....DUH! Wish I could find a part number though....oh well!
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day