Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can anyone identify connector Pin type from these picture (& some info)? (automotive related)

17CivicTypeRBrian

Nov 7, 2017
Hi guys and girls, first post and I'm already asking for help.

Background-
As you may or may not know, a manufacturer may sell the same vehicle in multiple markets but with different options. In my case, the subject vehicle is my 2017 Civic Type R. In the US, the side mirrors are powered, but that is all. In Europe, they defrost, they have blind spot indicators, they have integrated turn signals, and they fold in with the touch of a button. As a result, this is considered 'cool' by all the 'cool kids' and I have to make it work! This switch follows the same form no matter the market, so it swaps directly into the door panel.

A separate, but similar issue I'm tackling at the same time - the European version of my car has rear fog lights which we do not get here. There is a different switch which controls this from the steering wheel stalk. This switch follows the same form no matter the market, so it directly swaps into the column.

What I need-
At a minimum, I have to add pin(s) to the harness that connects to the switches. For the side mirrors, I need 2 additional pins at the connector for the switch and for the rear fogs, I believe I only need 1 additional pin at the connector to the switch. These would be considered female pins. From what I see, they look very similar to a Multilock 040 but the 040 is definitely a different size.
I'm hoping someone can identify them from photographs- if all goes well, they'll be attached here-

The White connector is for the side mirror switch. The Blue connector is for the stalk switch.

Thank you for any help in advance!

mirror switch connector 1.jpg

mirror switch connector 2.jpg

stalk switch connector 1.jpg

stalk switch connector 2.jpg

stalk switch connector 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Not familiar to me - sorry - but perhaps you could just source another cable/mirror (junk/broken etc) and swap some pins from it?

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
The correct way isn't guessing !

What you should do is consult the service manual of your "2017 Civic Type R".

Alternatively, you can go to an authorized Honda seller/garage/parts-center and inquire
about the connector type and make,they may have the pins as well.
If possible take the part with you or at least the photos.

17CivicTypeRBrian

Nov 7, 2017
Not familiar to me - sorry - but perhaps you could just source another cable/mirror (junk/broken etc) and swap some pins from it?

That's exactly what I'm going to have to do I think...although I was trying to avoid that because I didn't want to have another connection point inside the door. Thanks for your suggestion!

17CivicTypeRBrian

Nov 7, 2017
The correct way isn't guessing !

What you should do is consult the service manual of your "2017 Civic Type R".

Alternatively, you can go to an authorized Honda seller/garage/parts-center and inquire
about the connector type and make,they may have the pins as well.
If possible take the part with you or at least the photos.

It's worth a shot. Usually when I approach them, they only want to sell me a complete assembly. They don't seem to get into the business of fixing harnesses...they'd just replace it.