Connect with us

Can anyone give me the name of this?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by James Bodenham, Apr 16, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. James Bodenham

James Bodenham

Apr 16, 2016
    I'm not sure what this is called but I snapped it and need to buy a new one.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Hi James
    Looks like some sort of connector. The pictures are not very clear and the item is too far away for me to see properly.
    Adam

3. James Bodenham

James Bodenham

Apr 16, 2016
    This is what is supposed to connect to it, any ideas? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    The bottom picture is the only one I can make out as being a connector. Can you see any logos or writing on the connector.
    adam

5. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Have a look at JST and Molex connectors to start with.
    Adam

6. James Bodenham

James Bodenham

Apr 16, 2016
    do you think it could be a JST ZH?

7. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir James Bodenham. . . . . . .

My vote . . . . .without a further equipment model and brand ID . . . . . is for the Japanese Solderless Terminator

Resolution still prohibited making out your unit too good, but see if yours has the small guides on the sides and the basic same construction.
    The male connector counterpart has many mounting variants.
    This depicted pig tailed one, with the larger gauge wiring could have the two center plastic retaining tabs micro lifted with a jewelers screwdriver tip to then let the retaining barb come free and then you can pull out the unused wire . . . . . . or swap around color coded ones.
    That leaves you with a like pin 1 and pin 4 connector which could then be stagger spliced + heatshrinked to replicate your original situation.

You can source these, pig tailed from e-bay . . .in bundles or individually from Digi Key or Mouser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
Ask a Question