Connect with us

Can anybody recommend Floppy Disk Controller for Z80 COMPUTER?

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Tom, Jul 17, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Everything is surface mounted those days,

    I just need small chip to control only one 3.5 inch floppy, something like
    old Intel 8272
  2. Tim Shoppa

    Tim Shoppa Guest

    The NEC 765 is the same as the i8272. If you know where to find pre-286
    PC's, these almost all had cards with one of these floppy controllers and
    it was often socketed. There was often a little data separator chip
    too, be sure to pull it as well.

    The 765/8272 and many of the WD floppy controller chips (1771, 1791, 1793,
    etc) are still available from BG Micro,

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day