Connect with us

can anybody ID this ribbon cable connector?

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Adam Megacz, Dec 8, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Adam Megacz

    Adam Megacz Guest

    Hey, I'm looking for a way to extend this ribbon cable about
    4-5"... can anybody identify it and/or recommend a place where I can
    get a connector and cable?

    The connector on the right labeled "CN2" (slightly brighter than
    everything else) is the female part of the connector.

    This is for an LCD panel that I extracted from an otherwise-broken
    rackmount KVM unit; it works great and I'm going to combine it with an
    old-fashioned overhead projectors (the kind you write on with markers)
    to make a movie projector.

    - a
  2. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    Other than ratting one from indentical broken unit to make an extension
    cable, your odds aren't too good. If it were me, I'd either epoxy the
    cable to a piece of cut-off PCB & *carefully* solder a chunk of UDMA
    disk drive cable between it & the PCB socket, or desolder both the cable
    & connector & wire the replacement cable directly to the solder pads at
    both ends.
  3. Guest

    Hi Adam,

    Try searching on "flex tape connectors" or "flex circuit connectors"
    instead of ribbon cables.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day