Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Camera film enlarger transformer blown help.

Nick shields

Sep 9, 2017
Hi gang, I have a film camera enlarger transformer and it started smoking! So I opened it up and the capacitor was blown.

s-l1600.jpg

I was thinking of buying this capacitor from eBay and taking the old one off and soldering the new one on. Does this sound ok? i think i have the right one but would like someone to double check if possible.

thanks for any help the transformer is about 25-30 years old and is hard to replace for camera film enlargers. I have very little now how on this type of thing so please keep it simple.

Thanks for any help provided.

[Mod edited to resize image to suit forum]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick shields

Sep 9, 2017
20170909_172527.jpg

[Mod edited to resize image to suit forum]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick shields

Sep 9, 2017
Many thanks for the repl. The fact that my capacitor is a rifa GPs one 271 m622 and the one from eBay is a Pmr 210 slightly different will this be a problem?

The first picture is from eBay the second is my capacitor blown on the board.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
PME is a class X2 suppressor
PMR is a class X1 suppressor

Class X1 is 'better' than class X2 in the sense that you can always fit a better class in place of a lower class but not the other way around.

Nick shields

Sep 9, 2017
That's really helpful. Thanks again for being nice and clear on this I will order this part and break out the solder iron as well.

Seeing as the eBay listing comes with both SE 2 and SE 4 which one should I use first?

Sorry for so many questions but it's really helpful and keeps me useing an old piece of photography equipment.