Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Camcorder white screen: how to fix

PopG20

Dec 20, 2020
I'm posting here because the only other question I could find in these forums related to this issue was answered in a way that was very unhelpful and incorrect, yet has been "archived" (no more replies allowed) so that the incorrect information can continue to misinform future readers without correction. This is the problem with archiving information posts: as soon as they're archived they continue to provide answers to people searching for solutions, yet can never be corrected when those answers are false. Anyway, I hope some people searching for the solution will find this post too and get the help they need.

It's not true that a white camcorder screen means failed components and/or a fix that's too difficult for non-technical users. It can be and often is simply a loose ribbon: dismantling the camcorder and carefully opening the ribbon attachments behind the screen, removing then fully reinserting each ribbon, can fix the issue quite easily.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
It's not true that a white camcorder screen means failed components
I am glad your fault was only a ribbon cable needing re-seating.
However, many faulty/damaged/blown components can and will cause a white screen too.
Don’t assume a white screen will always be a ribbon cable. That by itself is false information but a good place to start your diagnosis and process of elimination.

Martin