Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Cambridge Soundworks CD740 failed CD player.

Boobtube

Nov 12, 2018
The CD goes into the player normally but doesn't spin up to read the disk. After about 5 seconds, player rejects the disk. The CD player is a CDM M6 4.6/53. They no longer seem to be available. Is there something specific to look for that triggers the disk spin-up that may have failed? Or is there a replacement player compatible with this one?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Try cleaning the lens of the laser readout assembly. The lens is usually shifted up and down upon insertion of a disk to get it into focus. If it can't focus, it will reject the disk.

Boobtube

Nov 12, 2018
Try cleaning the lens of the laser readout assembly. The lens is usually shifted up and down upon insertion of a disk to get it into focus. If it can't focus, it will reject the disk.
Thanks Harald but my first thought was a bad lens so I replaced the lens assembly (a cheap part) and it made no difference. I think that because it doesn't spin at all, the lens can't read the disk. Might be a failed motor or something electronic. Without a schematic, I'm working blind here.