Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Calibration FLUKE 186

syndrome

Jun 5, 2009
Hi, I'm trying to calibrate my fluke 187.

I have follow the procedure:

General Procedure
A sequence of signal inputs is required for each function that must be calibrated. The
secondary display shows the required input next to the step number for that function.
The primary display shows the value being measured. The measurement is likely to be
slightly different from the applied signal, because it may be showing an uncalibrated
measurement. The general calibration procedure is as follows:
1. Move the rotary switch to the function that you are calibrating.
2. Apply the input signal indicated by the secondary display.
3. Wait for the measurement on the primary display to settle out to its final value.
4. Press the UP button to proceed to the next step. The Meter records a new constant.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 until the secondary display shows End. This indicates that
the calibration procedure for this function is complete. New constants will not be
recorded until secondary display shows End.
6. If there are more functions to be calibrated, move the rotary switch to the appropriate
function, and continue from step one. Otherwise, turn the rotary switch to the OFF
position to exit calibration

The problem is that when I apply the input signal, the meter doesn't settle out to its final value. I've wait a lot of time, but nothing.

Is maybe a problem of the meter? Or maybe do I must do something to make it to settle out to the true value?

Sorry for my bad english

With best regards
Andrea

For italian people it may be clearer:

Ho provato a calibrare il fluke 187 secondo quelle procedure dettate dal manuale di istruzione dello strumento stesso. L'ho messo in modalità di calibrazione e gli ho inserito tramite un generatore di tensione l'input che richiedeva nel primo step. Il manuale dice di aspettare 17 secondi fino a quando il multimetro registri la nuova costante, ma io ho aspettato diversi minuti ma non ha registrato niente. Ho provato comunque ad andare avanti con i nuovi input fino a quando è uscito END, e allora ho messo su OFF il fluke per terminare la procedura di calibrazione.
Come potete immaginare il risultato non è cambiato.
In 5 ampère di input il fluke continua a misurarmene 0.6A.

Cosa posso fare? sbaglio io a fare qualcosa?

Last edited: