Connect with us

Calibrating GOS522B Scope

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Devnode, Oct 23, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Devnode

Devnode

Jul 13, 2015
    Hi, everyone. I got me a 2nd hand scope that seem well taken care of. At least from ny meagre knowledge of scopes. Its in the original box with manual included. So i try to calibrate it exactly as the manual suggests it. But i dont know where te connect the -ve clip on the probe. Ive attached a pic of the 2v p - p signal. It does not seem right to me. Can anyone shed some light here, please.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Looks ok to me.

There may be some trace rotation, and without knowing the vertical settings and details about the probe, it's hard to say if the trace is right.

There is no need to connect the ground clip because the signal source shares the same ground as the rest of the oscilloscope

3. Devnode

Devnode

Jul 13, 2015
    Hi
    Hi, Steve. Thankyou so much for replying so quickly. I appreciate it very much. I can now jump right in and explore this with peace of mind. You are a true pillar on this forum. Have an awesome day!

Ask a Question