Connect with us

Cable question, please help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Paulym1, Apr 14, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Paulym1


    Apr 14, 2013
    I have a cable, hopefully pictured here, which is from a gaming machine that has had a CRT monitor and I want to change to a LCD.
    The cable that connects to the gaming machine is I think called a Molex plug. From this plug there is power loom and a video loom. This loom has 6 wires, Red, Blue, Green, White/ Cream, Black and Yellow.
    I have an LCD monitor to play with which has Composite, Component and S-Video. I will be getting one with VGA but want to experiment with the one I have first.
    My question is how do I convert this cable to a Component or S-Video cable.
    The RGB cables are obvious but not sure what to do with the H Sync and V sync cables, and for that matter which ones are the H sync and V sync on my existing cable.
    Once I have this right I want to do a similar thing with a VGA cable but again I am not sure which ones are the sync wires etc, but we will come back to that later.
    I don't have a multimeter so any help would be great.
    Cheers. :)

    Attached Files:

  2. sheldonstv


    Jul 17, 2007
    This is where a scope would come in handy so you could see which lead has the cvbs signal on
  3. Paulym1


    Apr 14, 2013
    does anyone have any idea, someone must know?
  4. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    without any detailed info on your 2 monitors, its impossible to give you any answers

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
There are no similar threads yet.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day