Connect with us

Bus Transport system

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by tinkrish, Sep 28, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tinkrish

tinkrish

Sep 28, 2013
    Hello there. I'm new to this forum and I have a project in mind that I would like to discuss with you guys. It goes like this:
    All buses will be equipped with a low-power, frequency-modulated digital transmitter. The information being transmitted will contain data about the bus itself; its registration number,destination, wiper-blades on/off and some reserved bits for any future implementation.
    Major bus-stops will have a low-power receiver which will be connected directly to telephone lines, from which power will be taken and the data sent to a server.
    From this system, the following can be realised:
    1. Real-time bus information for commuters, through internet or message service.
    2. Traffic information around the area using an easy algorithm to tabulate the time taken for various buses to cross between bus-stops.
    3. Better bus control for the company itself.
    4. Real-time weather condition around the area,using information from the wiper-blades.
    The system will be a simplex communication and very low power modules can be used to transmit and receive at a distance not more than 10 metres..
    Thats it!..what do you think? Share your ideas please,specially regarding the tx/rx chips that can be used :) and if any improvement can be made here, like the telephone-line network.
    P.S..I wish to implement this system for my country,which is small with narrow roads and disciplined traffic conditions.
    Thanks!

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun So long, and Thanks for all the Fish!

Aug 27, 2013
    lojack ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoJack

There are also tons of vehicle monitoring systems already in use by (among others) UPS, FEDEX, USPS, etc, etc. Heck, in my backwoods, nowhere county the school buses all have real-time location tracking with vehicle information already installed.

You are a bit over 20 years late, but it is a good thought.

Fish

3. tinkrish

tinkrish

Sep 28, 2013
    Thanks for your reply Fish.
    However, I am totally aware of ITS systems and GPS tracking etc, but none of these systems are used in my country,its small. I am looking for a cheap alternative that won't make use of cellular or GPS communication.

Krishna

Ask a Question