Connect with us

burning code into development board

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by urooj, Jul 16, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. urooj

urooj

Jul 16, 2012
    hello all,

could you please tell me the process to burn a code into microcontroller development board. the microc is at89s52. the programmer is probably there in the board itself but i m nt sure, i am really new to this but i m very keen on learning this.i have used keil c to make a hex file. but i just dont know what to do after that.i have installed the drivers for usb com port pl-2303 driver was installed and it shows in the com port(no.29). but besides that i cannot see any interaction between micro c and laptop.please do help.thankyou!

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    You really need to refer to the manufactures manual for your product (developer board) for these answers...

3. urooj

urooj

Jul 16, 2012
    i got it, it was through isp programmer, can any 1 tell me how to program smoothly in ISP programmer, that is what is the process? what does chip erase mean? do i have to erase after every instance of programming?

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Again, no I can't help you on how to program it through ISP, as it's all dependent upon the brand software and hardware you have, what does the manual for your product suggest?

Most programmers software will automatically erase the chip before programming, no need for a separate step...

Ask a Question