Connect with us

burn failures attempting to burn cd in wave

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Michael Peck, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. Michael Peck

Michael Peck

Mar 6, 2010
    im downloading from a tascam digital recorder editing with audacity unto a hp pc (goldstar dvd writer, cd writer, and about one of ten actually finish the burn i get a error message. im eating cd's like candy, do i needd to get a diffrent burner or what,,, help!

Stephen Lajuwomi likes this.
  2. rswojo

rswojo

Jun 15, 2010
    What rate are you burning at? For me Nero defaults to 48X and I get some coasters. If I drop down to 16X they all burn fine.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    agreed, I NEVER burn at full speed always lower it a step or 2, I get much more reliable burning.

Michael ... you didnt say what burning software you were using. ??

i like rswojo, prefer to use NERO :)

Dave

4. Tesla

Tesla

May 10, 2010
    I burn DVD-R at 8x with ImgBurn. Also use Roxio (free bundled version). Both have a Verify option. Be sure your drive supports BurnProof (or similar) and it's turned on.

Aren't DVD buners (SATA) like $20 these days? IDEs are rare so they are more like $40. I have had good luck with Plextor, NEC, and Pioneer (CD/DVD). The Hitachi/LG in my Dell has always worked fine also. My new Blu-Ray burner is an LG.

I burn alot of discs. I haven't burned a coaster in years.

Try some Verbatim discs.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
Ask a Question