Connect with us

Building code: Recessing aluminum PS in a wall

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by mjosbesh, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. mjosbesh


    Feb 27, 2016
    1) If I recess an aluminum power supply inside the wall in my house I believe it needs to be inside an enclosure correct? I mean per electrical code and for general safety.
    2) If so, any ideas where to get such an enclosure? Or search words that might get me what I need?
  2. Kiwi


    Jan 28, 2013
    Suggest that you contact a local registered electrical contractor as rules vary from place to place.
    There may also be insurance and legal issues if you do it yourself.
    hevans1944 likes this.
  3. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    Agree with Kiwi's comments

    you much contact your local authority
    This isn't something you can ask online

    thread closed
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day