Connect with us

Building charger cable help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Dillonbenda, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Dillonbenda

Dillonbenda

Jan 20, 2016
    I'm pretty ignorant to anything electronics related let alone trying to make something. But I have an idea to build some chargers but I don't know if it's feasible or not. Im in the early stages of trying to figure out how to do it. My question is, is there a place a person can buy the ends that plug into the device? Or are they generally only made by the manufacturer of the device(not looking at cell phones)? Sorry for my ignorance. I've been searching on line but I haven't had much luck

2. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    Let's start with
    telling us what kind of equipment will it charge ?

3. Dillonbenda

Dillonbenda

Jan 20, 2016
    Sorry it would be for dog training collars. It might be helpful if I just knew what the correct name for that end is

4. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    can you please post a photo or owners manual or make and model number?

5. brokenbot

brokenbot

Jan 20, 2016
    Do you already have a charger? If so, you can post whatever is written on the existing charger (Specifications, to be precise).

Or post some more details such as how does it (collar) run now, such as battery specifications, and if it natively has an option to support chargers, such as a charging port.

We are looking for the amount of current and voltage needed to be delivered by the charger.

6. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Yeah. We're at a loss without a picture or specific make/model information. Many manufacturers make connectors specifically for their wares.
    We don't know if you have a common, readily available one, or something that is manufacturer specific to something in particular.

Ask a Question