Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Building a soda machine

Tobbe_li

Sep 2, 2015
Hey everyone im new here. I have a problem since im utterly incapable of understanding electronics.

Okay first is first: i have removed a windsheldwiper motor from an old car. Acculy from the front lights of an old Volvo 850. Im going to use it as a hatch for the soda cans to roll out.

But i removed the motor and found that it has 3 connectors as seen in the picture. And beeing a noob at this i have no idea where to go from here.
I want the motor to go back and fourth as it did on the car. Do i need som switch to choose way or??
Prefferebly back and fourth in one klick.

Links to the pictures

Heres The device and cord

Heres the connector
[url=http://postimg.org/image/5syp0ylrh/][img]

Here are the 3 wires
[url=http://postimg.org/image/y3g9hdgf3/][img]

Attachments

• 20150902_060647.jpg
    20150902_060647.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 20150902_060704.jpg
    20150902_060704.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 20150902_060655.jpg
    20150902_060655.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 100

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir Tobbe_ li . . . . .

Naturally your photo was not close up enough to reveal the wire sub color stripes going to the slide
connectors within the wipers connector plug.
But in consulting the Volvo wiring photo, included at the bottom, there are the yellow, yellow/white
and black with stripe wires .
I further saw another wiring diagram of the insides of a wipers connections and I did note that there is
being a diode inside also.
That mandates that the black with striped wire goes to battery negative.
The yellow/white and yellow wires go to a “black box” which is a solid state delay timer which
intermittently pulses on the wipers for just a moment in very light rain conditions.
No details are present on the “black box” internals.
Sooooooo if you hook up black with stripe wire to battery negative and then , one at a time,
try both yellow /white and yellow to battery positive and see if yellow doesn’t make the unit
cycle back and forth continually . While yellow /white makes it cycle one stroke and an internal
switch removes power from it while it is waiting for another activation from the now nonexistent
“black box”.
If that proves to be the case, that connection actually might be the one that you would want to use.
As I might electro/mechanically interpret this end device utilization, is being so that one can of a
gravity arranged cluster is dependent upon this mechanism pushing one can loose from the cluster
to fall down a chute.
Then gravity puts the next can at the ready.
If it is, as I perceive, that would be exactly want you want instead of a continual activation which
would be dumping one can after another. The single stroke timing would be achieved with that
single wire until the power from the “purchase” switch activates it again for another “buy”.
Your back and forth rotary action inside is being achieved by a crankshaft type of lever.
See this mechanic demonstrating the internal mechanical action on one that is torn down:
They all need re greasing . . . . with their extensive use.

Block diagram of the wire connections of the headlight wiper motor:
EtYa3ie.png

73’s de Edd