Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Building a circuit

JP79er

Jun 17, 2013
Whoa, thanks for all the help.......that's certainly a lot to take in and understand.....

I assume stripboard means i can place all the component out and just use a simple wire to link each piece....seems do able.

My dad has just passed his intermediate radio licence and has to build a radio from scratch so i am sure he can help me out with some aspects of circuitry design as it not a 100% clear to me.

Just need to find a motor with enough torque to drive the propeller as the PC fine i jerry rigged is not man enough, just helps me check my project do-able.

Also the voltage, is there an upper limit as to what voltage or amp of motor i can run off the circuit as i was considering a RC car brushless motor for the job.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
I assume stripboard means i can place all the component out and just use a simple wire to link each piece....seems do able.
Yes, but try to rely on the tracks for most of the connections, otherwise you end up with a huge number of wires. Start with the IC. You'll have to cut all the tracks under it. Place the most closely connected components near the IC, using the tracks that come straight from the IC pins. For points in the circuit ("nodes") that don't connect to an IC pin, use tracks either side of the IC, or create new tracks by cutting an existing track if you've connected everything you need on it.

It's worth Googling for stripboard assembly tutorials. You can save a lot of time and avoid a lot of mistakes if you approach the stripboard layout process properly.
My dad has just passed his intermediate radio licence and has to build a radio from scratch so i am sure he can help me out with some aspects of circuitry design as it not a 100% clear to me.
That's good. He can probably help with the stripboard layout as well.
Just need to find a motor with enough torque to drive the propeller as the PC fine i jerry rigged is not man enough, just helps me check my project do-able.
Also the voltage, is there an upper limit as to what voltage or amp of motor i can run off the circuit as i was considering a RC car brushless motor for the job.
I'd suggest a reasonable upper limit of 3A motor current. I assumed you would use a 12V motor. If you want to use a higher voltage motor, that's fine, but you'll still need a 12V regulator to supply the rest of the circuit. D3 always needs to be connected across the motor. Use a 1N5401 for D3 if the motor current is more than 1A.

Good luck!

Lord_grezington

May 3, 2013
Hello all

I started off with picaxe, I thought it was great at the time as I did not know C. Yes cost of components comes into play as picaxe is mainly for education and hobbies. However its a great tool to learn how pics work and the forum is usually helpful. (however the experience and helpfulness I have found from Electronicspoint by far exceeds any other forums I have tried).

I have tried flowcode from matrix. It has much more flexibility and you can use standard microchip pics. Flowcode forum is very good when it comes to programming, but when you get to this real discrete stuff they are as good as a snorkel in a desert.

If your looking to go down the discrete way I would recommend using LTspice. I have simulated many circuits and works a dream.