Connect with us

Building a circuit on a bread board

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by lucianthelight, Apr 18, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. lucianthelight

lucianthelight

Apr 18, 2017
    I have some questions about building a circuit on a bread board. Or more specifically correctly connecting said circuit to a powersupply/ ground.

The example circuit we where given can be found with the attached files.

As power supply we use the HAMEG HM7042-5 (picture can also be found in the attached files). So my questions are:
    - Do I have to connect the ground on the left separately or can I just use the ground of the supply V1?
    - We need to measure the outgoing voltage Vuit, to do this I presume I need to connect the wire to a ground and attach a voltage meter in parallel.
    - If this is correct can I use the same ground of a power supply such as the one of V1?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I can't quite follow your question, but I can follow the circuit.

The ground symbols are common, but only two power supplies have a direct connection to it.

Beware of having outputs of your power supply grounded. I presume the outputs are floating.

3. ag273n

ag273n

Nov 24, 2016
    if you have two power sources in one circuit, yes, you need to connect them in one same ground

Hope this answers your doubts

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Did you look at the circuit?

5. ag273n

ag273n

Nov 24, 2016
    i was hopping to answer this question... seemed to me he had doubts whether two grounds are ok in one circuit..

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Yeah, but there are three power sources in that circuit and certain interpretations of...

...will yield bad results.

Ask a Question