Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Building a car

Basil Kz

Dec 2, 2017
Hello , what i need to build car dc motor 1 hp with rc contraller using arduino ?
All tools

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You'd be better off using a screwdriver and some spanners than an Arduino.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
My apologies for taking your lack of understanding of English into account....

You don't need an Arduino. The standard RC controller system could interface to a variable speed controller by attaching the receive servo to the shaft of the potentiometer that controlled the motor.

Of course you COULD use an Arduino but the benefits of such would be difficult to discern.

A 1hp motor is around 750W and motors of this capacity are readily available (at no cheap cost however) and speed control using MOSFETs is straight forward enough.

Basil Kz

Dec 2, 2017
Thank you, man, you are a great example of good morals. I have a question of where I can buy these tools completely. Can you provide me with ways to get them from Amazon? Thank you really.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
First find your motor..... that's probably going to be the most difficult part. Once you find the motor only then can we advise accurately on the controller/interface as the motor specification is key to devices connected to it.

Assuming you get a 12V, 24V or 36V motor you could use this speed controller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-12V-2...225484?hash=item1a34a2aacc:g:R8gAAOSwcBhWWbSW

The 'knob' on the end can be coupled to a simple servo motor like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OCSE...493878&hash=item3d43dc8ccb:g:R6cAAOSwg0BZwliY

and that servo wired as part of any RC system - literally any.....

All the above are from eBay retailers but just search on Amazon for them - they'll all be available there (or equivalents - there are dozens of ways to achieve this).