Connect with us

Building a 8051 programmer

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Steve Buckley, Feb 3, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Steve Buckley

Steve Buckley

Aug 6, 2016
    Hello,

I'm a newbie in microcontrollers. i thought i would make a 8051 programmer by myself (only the hardware). before going to the circuit, i would like to know how these processors (or any in general) are actually burned with codes? i am searching the principle behind it.
    I have a Prgmr board manuf.by Needham Electronics that plugs into a slot (tower) PC it can prgm practically anything that was around the 8085 and 2716..32..64 eprom era including stand alone Micros 8751.The software allows the Prgmr to first offset the address so when uploading to device you can start at the specific location..ie 0000-ffff the strings are in hex.This is a great way to learn machine language.UV light is used to erase the devices on-board Eprom in 15 minutes I've prgmed stand alone devices 8751 series which have I/O & 2k of memory on board, dosen't sound like much but alot can be done when Prgming in machine code with as little as 2k, the 8751 also has a serial interface,UART..a versatile single chip Micro-Controller.The Prgmr board hardware has socketed IC s ( non exotic) and generates all Prgming Volt.on board, a daughter-board ribbon plug-in contains a 40 pin ZIF socket for devices.I have 2 of these great learning tools, and willing to part with 1,like trading for test equip, contact me.

About Me:
    I'm new in this forum, I am a consultant and have worked with multiple firms
    You can check [advertising removed] one of my work.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
Ask a Question