Connect with us

Bug resulting in thread deletion

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions & Feedback' started by Raven Luni, Feb 19, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Greetings,

I've just noticed that if you create a thread, post something in it then delete that additional post, it deletes the whole thing. In my case this was actually what I wanted, but I can see how that would go so wrong for other people.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    just trying to decypher that :)

you start a thread
    you make a post ( is it the only post or)
    you make a second post
    then delete the second post
    and then the first post/thread also disappears

if its the only post and you delete it then it probably will delete the thread as there is nothing there any more
    if its the second post you are deleting then that would be a problem and I havent seen that happening

why did you delete that post ? why not just edit it?

your description infers you were deleting the only post in your new thread ?

Dave

3. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    It was the second post that was deleted hence the potential problem. It was a thread that wasnt getting any answers and the second post was just a bump message. I had edited the main post basically to say nevermind and deleted the bump message - so in my case it was a bonus that the whole thread disappeared but a potential problem for someone else if they delete a second post and want to keep the main one

4. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Sorry - false alarm - I just noticed it was still there - apparently ended up on the second page by the time I had finished editing.

*goes and sits in the corner*

Ask a Question