Connect with us

? broken part found

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dc explorers, Aug 15, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dc explorers

    dc explorers

    Aug 15, 2013
    hi I have an old amp with the part pictured which has (obviously) broken. I have been led to believe it is a lead film capacitor?

    I am just hoping that someone could help with 1; is it repairable and 2; where could I find a suitable replacement part.

    Attached Files:

  2. john monks

    john monks

    Mar 9, 2012
    This looks like some kind of noise suppression circuit but I cannot tell without a schematic. You might be able to substitute for this. So what is the make and model of your old amp?
  3. Raven Luni

    Raven Luni

    Oct 15, 2011
    I'm guessing the 8H means 8 henries - meaning its an inductor. I wouldnt expect one to pop like that though.
  4. duke37


    Jan 9, 2011
    If it is connected between brown (live) and neutral (blue) then it is a noise suppresion X capacitor.

    Try and copy all the markings on it.

    If it is as I think then the amp will operate without it.

    It can't be very old with the new cable colours.
  5. dc explorers

    dc explorers

    Aug 15, 2013

    hi thanks for the responses so far

    bit of an update it's a quad 34 control unit hopefully pictured below and the part is right next to the power in and the power output

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. gorgon


    Jun 6, 2011
    It looks like 0.047uF + 100ohm x 2 in series, 250V. Values from the top and schematics from the side.

    TOK ;)
  7. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    agreed with that one :)

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day