Connect with us

? broken part found

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dc explorers, Aug 15, 2013.

1. dc explorers

dc explorers

Aug 15, 2013
    hi I have an old amp with the part pictured which has (obviously) broken. I have been led to believe it is a lead film capacitor?

I am just hoping that someone could help with 1; is it repairable and 2; where could I find a suitable replacement part.

Attached Files:

2. john monks

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
    This looks like some kind of noise suppression circuit but I cannot tell without a schematic. You might be able to substitute for this. So what is the make and model of your old amp?

3. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    I'm guessing the 8H means 8 henries - meaning its an inductor. I wouldnt expect one to pop like that though.

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    If it is connected between brown (live) and neutral (blue) then it is a noise suppresion X capacitor.

Try and copy all the markings on it.

If it is as I think then the amp will operate without it.

It can't be very old with the new cable colours.

5. dc explorers

dc explorers

Aug 15, 2013
    update

hi thanks for the responses so far

bit of an update it's a quad 34 control unit hopefully pictured below and the part is right next to the power in and the power output

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    It looks like 0.047uF + 100ohm x 2 in series, 250V. Values from the top and schematics from the side.

TOK ;)

7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    agreed with that one :)

Dave

Ask a Question