Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Broken Inductor Issue In Radio Mic

Mark Treleaven

May 24, 2017
Hi Everyone

I am new here, I am in the UK but I need a little help

I am repairing a UHF wireless microphone set by KAM, its a KWM Quartet

One of the microphones is not powering on at all, I have checked the usual suspects, batteries, battery terminals, on/off switch etc and they are all fine.

I took the microphone apart and noticed there is a component broken off the board, I know where is goes, and what type of component it is, but I do not know how to get the right value component to replace it.

I believe it is a 47uH (0.047 mH) inductor (it has 470 stamped on the top) but no other markings
I do not know the max voltage or amperage for the new component, or even who makes this broken one so I can at least get a like for like replacement.

The microphones take 2 x AA 1.5V batteries (so 3V) and the UHF transmission freqency is 864.99MHz

Thanks in advance for any help given

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image5.JPG

[mod edited ... moved out of some one elses thread and tidied up images]

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I believe it is a 47uH (0.047 mH) inductor (it has 470 stamped on the top) but no other markings

yes

I do not know the max voltage or amperage for the new component, or even who makes this broken one so I can at least get a like for like replacement.

for a small battery powered unit like that, those ratings are irrelevant

do some searching on Farnell, Element 14, Digi-key, Mouser and similar places

Last edited:

Mark Treleaven

May 24, 2017
Just a quick update
The replacement inductor arrived today, just soldered it in place, and WooHoo the microphone works again.
Thanks again for all the help.