Maker Pro
Maker Pro

broken cable of charger

danass

Jun 19, 2016
Hello !
I bought this charger for some money and and its already broken. I cant find the receipt so the guy wont change it..
Anyway, at some moment i saw some smoke at this point of the cable. Now its broken.
I removed some of the plastic to reveal the breach.
Is there a way join the ends again? Like some illustrated step by step how to, or smtg like that? I already tried with some other devices, but at the end, the contact was really hasardous.

Here is a picture of the thing.

img_2981-jpg.27430

Thank you for your help!

Daniel

Attachments

• IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2981.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 122

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Sure.

The simple way is to cut the cable, remove some insulation and join the wires that should be joined together.

Rejoining the wires is pretty simple if they're colour coded, but if they're not...

I would advise you to carefully dissect the cable where it has broken and carefully note if the wires are colour coded. If they are not, you will need to somehow mark which ones need to be joined.

When you join them you will make a very weak part of the cable and it will be tricky to reduce the strain on it.

The use of heatshrink tubing to cover the joins will allow you to be reasonably sure things won't short circuit.

HOWEVER, depending on how the cable broke, the adapter may have been damaged and the repair might be for naught.