Connect with us

Brightness control for HDSP 2133 dot matrix displays

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Naveed ishtiaq, Jan 21, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Naveed ishtiaq

Naveed ishtiaq

Jan 21, 2017
    I need technical help regarding the Brightness control for these displays . I don't want to use internal brightness levels (8 levels) that is its built in feature.

I want to change the brightness levels using 10 KOhm Variable Resistor with PWM (Pulse width Modulation) technique to have a smooth effect of brightness changing levels.

I am not interested in Night Vision circuitry that is recommended circuit of PWM for Night vision applicability by Avago Technologies and is written in Application Note 1039.

I need intensity control for HDSP 2133 Alpha numeric dot matrix displays so that it can change Brightness levels 0% to 100% smoothly with sunlight readability. Earlier I tried with PWM (modified night vision circuit recommend by application note 1039 by avago technology) but couldnot 100% duty cycle.

The attached circuit highlighted in red is the one that I have modified for sunlight readiblity

May be some one can guide me some good techniques to do so.

Your urgent technical solution will highly be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2017
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Your urgent supply of more technical information of this product will highly be appreciated.

Ask a Question