Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bridge to cell phone

mike sessi

Feb 20, 2016
Being my first post, I may be in the wrong forum
I want to connect my cell phone to a bridge, and there is no bridge app for Nexus 5x or any cell phone that I found.
So, ubnt.com / Radio M5 in bridge mode > laptop > WiFi
What I am looking for...Radio M5 > Black Box > WiFi
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Mark Van Skiver

Feb 22, 2016
Actually not sure on nexus but galaxy wifi or bluetooth, can bridge through hot spot as long as your service provider has availability & provider has it on ( usually additional fee)
You also might check fot program called keis air for connection.
NOTE: Your laptop must be wifi or bluetooth within same frequency.
NOTE II : If you're looking to use bridge for Internet for labtop best have unlimited data or you're going to get a very high phone bill.

Mark Van Skiver

Feb 22, 2016
K, old school repeater sounds like what you're attempting.
We use to ping reapater on one frequency then duplex it to receive on second different frequency.

I'm stil not entirely clear what you want to accomplish? Sorry.
As far as the link you posted I personally wifi through my router for tablet, phone & computer Internet.
Also note the network you linked is (LOS) Line of sight requiring directional array antenna, so trying to make it mobile would be difficult. Hence cellular tower's are the normal now.

As far as radio mounted patch/bridge you'll need to wifi through router through a duplex repeater to keep from burning up the drivers in the truck mounted radio. None of this is simple...
Sounds like you're basically trying to extend your wifi range & you can setup multiple routers at various locations, but stability & interference in either system is going to be constantly issue.

Sorry was so long, but what you're attempting isn't actually that simple.

mike sessi

Feb 20, 2016
I believe the solution is easy, simple connect the radio to WiFi, the R/T +/- might need to be swapped if no switch/hub is used, I just need some voltage doublers (radio is 24-26v) and mount to truck

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I've seen this post a few times, but perhaps the terms are causing me a little confusion.

You have created a set of Radio Links to tie numerous physical locations together onto a single network segment.
You want to bridge what exactly?

You want your phone to be part of this segment as well?
There are two ways of doing it:
- Use a WiFi Access Point. Simply plug it into the radio and the AP will become part of the network. Simply connect your cell phone's WiFi to the AP and you are good to go. This sounds like the route you are taking...
- Use VPN, or other remote tools. You can install a program on a computer, or install dedicated hardware. Most Android phones and iPhones support VPN. With this, the cell phone will use the cellular towers to make a network connection to your VPN through the internet. You will then be able to connect to other devices on your network through the VPN.