Connect with us

Breadboard dimensions

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Boky, Aug 30, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Boky

Boky

Aug 30, 2014
    Hello everyone [​IMG]

I am designing breadboard power supply and need little help.

There are few different breadboard standards on the market and they all have different distances between power rails, so if I place bottom pins on PCB for one type of breadboards, power supply will not fit on others. [​IMG]

Then I decided to simple left place for more headers to be placed on PCB with different distances between them so that power supply gets more flexibility and thus could be used on more breadboards with different dimensions.

Since I have only one type of breadboard I need to get more info about other breadboards but there is no exact dimensions between power rails on the internet or datasheets so could you please fellow designers help me with this and measure distance between power rails of your breadboards? [​IMG]

breadboard.jpg

2. ketanrd01

ketanrd01

Aug 11, 2014
    The dimension you require is 5cm on mine Boky.....

Boky likes this.
  3. Boky

Boky

Aug 30, 2014
    Thank you kind sir

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I have measured 4 different breadboards, I believe I measured two examples of two different types of breadboard.

The measurements are (in mm)

Ask a Question