Connect with us

Bracket for Pluggable transformer ????

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by vtiniall, Nov 6, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. vtiniall

vtiniall

Nov 6, 2012
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if there is a device to prevent those Pluggable transformers from being pulled out from the wall. The transformer would be like that of a phone charger device.

In the US they have a pluggable transformer that you are able to screw in a retaining screw to the wall socket to prevent the transformer from being pulled out, like the one below. I know there is nothing regarding a socket that can be screwed in like the US version here in Ireland. Is there a bracket that can be added around the wall socket to hold the transformer in place ????... Excuse the long link, couldnt paste a pic, so included a link.

http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=trans...ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:20,i:141&tx=72&ty=77

The reason I ask is that regarding wireless alarm control panel (Simon XT from Ge) have to be plugged into the mains and also have a battery back up. I have had reports of AC power loss due to this power transformer being pulled out of the socket either intensionally or otherwise. Just trying to find a way to cancel this issue or reduce the reports im getting.

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    The UK socket is retained in the wall with two screws. You could make a saddle from best quality baked bean tin and use the screws to retain the transformer.

There may not be much improvement if the output cable is being yanked with vigour.

3. vtiniall

vtiniall

Nov 6, 2012
    Thanks Duke,

It was more of a large scale improvement I was looking for to role out to the site engineers. I honestly dont think they would be to encouraged to have bean cans in their vans. I do appreciate the input. I just taught there was a strap or some sort of brace that could be used. It is not that the plug is pulled out with malice. It is more for safety for some of the alarm panel for the elderly, to save them pulling the plug by accident.

Thanks all the same.

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    If you do not want to use baked bean tins, you could make a saddle from aluminium strip. Once you have the dimensions right you could make copies in under five minutes.

One problem is that most sockets are twins and you will be compromising its butty.

An elderly person can be very determined and strong so, if the psu will not come out of the socket, then the cable may come out of the psu.

Ask a Question