Connect with us

BR3510L rectifier testing, treadmill

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by flyingbrick, May 13, 2012.

1. flyingbrick

flyingbrick

May 13, 2012
    Hi all.

I know bugger all about anything so hoping someone here can lend a hand.

I'm trying to repair our treadmill. I think the problem is voltage rectifier BR3510L. Can someone please give me any info on testing these units? I've downloaded the info sheets for them but it really tells me nothing worth knowing.

Many thanks,
    Nathan

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi Nathan
    welcome to the forums :)
    dont know what country you are in so cant suggest where to shop?

Those bridge rectifiers are readily available they are capable of a 35Amp contineous average current

cheers
    Dave

3. flyingbrick

flyingbrick

May 13, 2012
    thanks for that.

I ended up testing the rectifier- works fine. The problem was in the pulse width modulation part of the circuit....

Decided now to run a standalone AC motor speed controller and then a voltage rectifier to make it DC for the motor.

I'm not sure exactly what im doing.. can anyone give any advice?

4. Wabajig

Wabajig

Apr 14, 2012
    Those circuits are tricky, do you have any electronic knowledge or training? Is the unit without power or does start and stop? Did make sure you saftey key is in? Check your circuit breaker on the unit near power plug wire. Also make sure your sensor is next to the drive pulley, within 1/8". I've also found a tred mill timer that likes to slip, the timer looks like a circular paper attached to the shaft with a bunch of lines on it. If it slips, secure it. Don't wipe those lines off, or screwed. Hope this helps, but if you are not proficient with components, then see your local TV repair man.

Ask a Question