Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bought out printer Help!

anroop

Dec 11, 2013
bought a embedded printer from a company. the company did not provide driver/software. but i got the programming manual.have to send a set of codes to the printer through serial ports.
I am not able to communicate with the printer(no driver software provided!). tried hyper terminal, but not able to communicate. does not have any trouble shooting manual. the only respone i get from it is a BEEP sound when i power up . nothing else.
lnink of the printer i have

http://www.newbeiyang.com/templates...spx?nodeid=190&page=ContentPage&contentid=527

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You've gott the manual.
Does the printer have an on-board test-mode, or troubleshooting error code function?
Did you check the obvious? Is there paper in the printer? No paper would disable
most functions and cause the beep.
Make sure the paper-sense switch has paper, and if the manual gives you a test-
function, try that.

Somethingrandom

Jan 20, 2014
Thats a weird printer. Is the only interface serial? You could try to set it up as a Generic Text Only driver under windows. Most printers will print with that driver. You're supposed to connect via serial and send it "codes"? Maybe you got the baud rate/stop bits/flow control settings wrong. Most devices operate at 9600 8 N 1. You can experiment with changing those settings. I have also seen POS printers with DIP switches that need to be changed but you will have to refer to the manual on that one. Let us know how you go.