Connect with us

Bose Soundock blown

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by jerseysteve, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jerseysteve

jerseysteve

Dec 1, 2013
    I am trying to identify a Transistor I know is blown on my soundock pcb.What can I put in place of the component simply marked 2T ?I have attached a photo of the component before it burnt.
    Any suggestions gratefully received.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    There are numerous options. Most are 40V 600-800mA 225-330mW PNP transistors. The gains are moderate, 30 to 300.

Parts I have listed include: KST4403, MMBT4403, MMBT4403T, SO4403, TMPT4403, and YTS4403. (I think you can see a pattern there)

The other options are an NPN transistor (HT2) and a voltage detector (R3131N26HA3).

There may be others.

If there are other similarly marked devices it may be usefult to test to see if they are NPN transistors. This would increase my confidence if I were attempting a repair.

The other issue is that it is unliley that the transistor failed spontaneously. Did you do something (accidentally perhaps) which triggered the failure?

3. jerseysteve

jerseysteve

Dec 1, 2013
    Many thanks for your help.I took a chance i could fix a broken sound dock off ebay using my good one to measure voltages etc.Sadly things have moved on since i used to change AC128s to fix my amp.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Now that's going back quite some years ;)

Dave

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I found a couple of OC74s in my oldest parts bin a couple of weeks ago.

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    They had a metal cover too I think ( like a lot of the OC series), that you could take off and use the transistor as a phototransistor

D

Ask a Question