Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bosch Cordless Drill GSR 12-2 Charger testing

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
Thanks for all the insights guys. I am going to buy one replacement battery and the other one is going to turn into an experimental thing, maybe source some individual higher amperage batteries, build them in myself to see if my soldering works and using something like thick multistrand silicon wiring will do the job.

@Bluejets: The only replacement Bosch battery I have found was about $67 which is about R900. the replacement will cost me R250 which makes the sums work. At R900 I am pretty close to a new drill.

I went and had a look at the drill. The transformer is made in China but both the drill and the batteries say Made in Malaysia, don't know if that's better or worse lol.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I went and had a look at the drill. The transformer is made in China but both the drill and the batteries say Made in Malaysia, don't know if that's better or worse lol.

Personally, I would marginally prefer Malaysia over China LOL

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
If the tool is for a mainstream retailer (and not an outright copy/rip-off) then the quality of construction will (should) not vary regardless of Chinese/Malaysian manufacture as the retailer will have their own, fixed, quality assurance standards.

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
Thanks kellys_eye. Drill bought from a mainstream supplier and not some online purchase so pretty sure it's a genuine Bosch product

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
Just to report back on this drill.
Had one battery pack repacked (slightly higher capacity batteries) and working like a charm, charger also behaving perfectly. So thanks for the help guys.
One happy chappy