Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Boot iPhone 4 without battery

Punisher87

Nov 5, 2012
Hi everybody.

Actually have iPhone 4 that dosnt get power frome battery because of water damage. If I boot it with USB it dosnt boot restarting every 15 second, but if i connect it to 220 V power it boots but requires iTunes.

Anyone know how to boot iPhone 4 without battery with USB port? I need extract my data. The phone have no value form me, but all my data.....

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
Sounds like its not getting enough current from the USB port. You could try and get ahold of one of those cables that gives you the power from 2 ports (I have an external drive with one of these cables)

Punisher87

Nov 5, 2012
Sounds like its not getting enough current from the USB port. You could try and get ahold of one of those cables that gives you the power from 2 ports (I have an external drive with one of these cables)

Already tried. The problem is not insuficient power. When you connect it to wall it gets power from all 4 cables included in usb and when u connect to computer it only gets power from 2 cables ( other 2 are for data sync).

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
I know on android there is an app called samsung KIES that allows you to connect to your phone through wifi. hopefully you can find a similiar item on the iphone or borrow someones battery

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Have you opened it up? It might just be the battery that is damaged, swap the battery and fire it back up... iPhone 4 batteries can be had for about $5 delivered from China with the tools and you can swap the battery out in about 2 minutes flat on the v4 phone...

Last edited: