Maker Pro
Maker Pro

boost converter

ALJOHANI22

Feb 9, 2015
I AM trying to design boost converter but i face difficulty selecting the right IC .i need it 12v dc -dc with variable o/p 0-30v and current up to 2A.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
The output voltage is determined by the resistive divider feedback network connected across the output, in conjunction with a 1.6 VDC internal reference on the LT3757 (for positive outputs). See the datasheet.

Google is your friend here. The Linear Technology web site has extensive application notes, datasheets, and LTSpice simulations that will help you design a boost regulator. Most of these circuits are designed to operate with a fixed, regulated, output voltage and a widely varying input voltage. It is virtually impossible to design a boost regulator to operate with an output range of zero to some maximum specified output voltage. You need to specify a single output voltage and load current and proceed with your design from there. If you really need the output to be variable from zero to thirty volts, say for use as a laboratory bench power supply, there are other circuit topologies that are more appropriate.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
You could look at a buck boost regulator. I think you will have trouble going down to 0V, 0.8V is more realistic. I suppose you could put a couple of diodes in series to drop to virtually 0V. But this wastes energy.
Adam