Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bonjour !

@xi@g@me

Dec 15, 2016
Hello everyone! Just found this section and realized I did not introduce myself yet. So here it is.
I'm Grégoire, a 31yo game engine programmer and keen into electronics.

I just bought a brand new house and I wanted to equip it a bit, so I decided to dig in electronics well under what I already knew from it (like theory I've been taught at school, and secondary school projects (blinking key ring, this kind of useless stuff)).

I've got a lot of projects for home so I think I will be there often from now on :)
A 8 ports scart switch for my retro game consoles collection is the first I'm working on, because of its "simplicity"
I also plan to work on using a remote game controller (like a X360 pad) and a raspberry pi 0 to connect to each of the above mentioned consoles.

And my biggest project is a fully automated and independent home management system, using PLC only (to avoid signal jamming and hacking through the house walls). I already have many ideas of what I would like to do, but I'll first have to make the core system of course :)

Anyway, nice to meet you all, and I hope I won't be to boring when I won't understand your replies :p

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
Welcome @xig..................whatever:mad: Not typing that
Best of luck on the new house

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Welcome Grégoire.
Your Plc based home automation system sounds pretty cool. Do you use sensory inputs for feedback, or just buttons to select lighting schemes or for turning on/off devices?
I look forward you seeing your comments and ideas.
Regards, John

@xi@g@me

Dec 15, 2016
Welcome Grégoire.
Your Plc based home automation system sounds pretty cool. Do you use sensory inputs for feedback, or just buttons to select lighting schemes or for turning on/off devices?
I look forward you seeing your comments and ideas.
Regards, John

Hello John, and thank you for your interest !
For now, as I said, it's only at the state of the idea.
The first thing I intend to do is to replace wall switches by PLC modules which will have the ability to control devices such as lights and electric shutters using a safe made protocol based on addresses and commands. All of this would be connected using PLC to the central unit which will control all of that. For the rest I plan to use both sensor input and button / scheduled action, depending on the situation.
I also think about a voice recognition system to issue orders, but this is secondary

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Welcome Grégoire :). I'm looking forward to seeing how your home automation stuff comes along!